Monday, August 10, 2009

Dilema

I'm in the process of writing a letter to my biological father. He's in prison. I've hit on the topic in a previous blog. My future husband hates my biological father, loves my dad, hates the guy who helped in my conception, and with reason. He (B) has stated on a couple occasions that my biological father isn't allowed around when he gets out. I understand this. I'm actually going to use this as my reasoning not to see my father when he gets out. Even before all the marriage talk, I didn't want to see my father when he got out. I don't trust him and really, even when I visit him, I don't really look forward to it, other than the fact that while he's in prison he's being watched.

So I'm writing my father a letter to inform him of my great news, that his oldest daughter, his "road buddy" as he calls me, is getting married. However, I have to tell him that he can't see me when he gets out. I'm not sure how to put this without hurting his feelings. He seems to not have a concept of what he's done to me or anyone else and I know will take it very personally. I don't want to lose all contact with my father, but I don't want to see him on the outside.

Can you guys help me on how to word this? I'm at a loss what to say. The only Dunaway's left is myself, my father, and my baby sister.

No comments: