Thursday, December 31, 2009

Marriage

Monday, at 12:30 pm MST, I got married.  I'm still a bit in shock.  I can't believe that someone, let alone B, would want to marry me.  I know, I know, I'm wonderful; however, it's always weird when you fought for something for so long and never got it and it finally comes about.  Now, I'm Mrs. Wilks.  I guess I shouldn't be so surprised.  B's been in love with me for 12 years and asked me to marry him 5 years ago... the first time.  Yet, I'm still in shock and still cannot believe that it's happened.  I really can't wait to move to Colorado.  The last 10 days were the best 10 days in my life.  Yeah, ever, including the 6 months I had with Gary so long ago.  I can honestly say that without a hint or doubt of remorse or lying.  I honestly cannot wait to start married life.  I'm not lookin forward to the year he will be in Afghanistan, but that is the Army life and I'll deal with it like I've dealt with a lot worse.

I'm not looking forward to cleaning up after B, but then again I can't wait to cook for him.  After making him breakfast many times, I know he'll really like my dinners and desserts.  I can't wait to have my cooking bring forth a positive response.  I know that is a bit weak sounding but for too long my cooking received no praise or appreciation despite the fact that I did my best and came up with many awesome recipes on my own.  I'm just glad that no matter how quickly or slowly the Army processes our paperwork, I'll be in Colorado in early March at the latest.  I'm hoping for mid February though.  I really can't wait to move there.  Not only to be with B, but cuz it's so much better than Texas.

2 comments:

Jenny Georgio-who said...

Congrats on your marriage! It's soooo fun. I don't know what advice to offer you since he'll be gone for a year. They normally say the first 2 years are the hardest with the first being the worst. I can honestly say that George and I did have ups and downs the first year while we adjusted to living together, getting used to our morning routines, night routines etc.

I can tell you one thing though, its the most awesome thing in the world. I love being married and wouldn't trade it for the world! Congrats once again, you'll make an amazing wife!!

MorgansDead said...

Thanks! From our 10 days together, I know that it won't be easy, but it's going to be so worth it. Like I've said before, I still can't believe I put this off for as long as I did. However, I am glad I did in a way, since I am way more mature than I was when he first asked me to marry him 5 years ago.