Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Shootin Stars

I can't sleep
Once again
Insomnia
Homework
Stress
Whatever the reason
I step out
Barefoot
Dew on the ground
I stand in the yard
Staring at the sky
Curled in my jacket
The wind is cool
But not actually cold
I just like how the fleece
Feels wrapped around me
And I locate stars I know
But the city lights
Even at 4 am
Have overwhelmed
All but the brightest
Venus
Mercury
Orion
The Moon
And along the Belt's arc
A thin line of brillance
Archs
Orange
White in the center
And as soon as it showed
It fades into the lights
A shooting star
The second in so many weeks
And I make my same wish
One that I know will come true
I wish for this
So instead of a dream
It becomes fact
How many more shootin stars
Will I see
Before it becomes reality?
Enough to ensure
Dreams become reality

No comments: