Sunday, November 29, 2009

Mmmm My Foot Tastes Good

Not sure what happened
With where that conversation went
But I want you to know
I will always be there for you
When it counts
When the chips are actually on the table
Not when you are pulling a bluff
And everyone calls you on it
I will always have your back
And will always be at your side
Whether figuratively 
Or metaphorically
But I just can't call bluffs
I can't bluff 
Even to save my own hide
And if I could, I think my credibility 
Would be completely shot
So please
Don't be mad
Don't hold my loose tongue
Against me
Realize that if I were there
And able to see all that happened
I would have kept
My trap that has sunk
My battleship many times
Shut tighter than the seams 
Of my waterproof tent
I'd much rather 
Not say a word
Than upset you
Because I like the taste
Of my own foot

No comments: