Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Triggers

For the first time in my entire life, I actually understand what a trigger really is.  However, my opinion still stands.  To use a trigger as an excuse is unexcuseable!  I've finally been diagnosed with PTSD and have triggers.  However, I do not allow my triggers to control what I expose myself to or who or how I interact with others.  Yes, people accidentally trigger me but it is not THEIR responsibility to mind their words.  It is MY responsibility to mind how I react to those triggers.  Do my triggers affect my relationship? Yes, they do.  Who's responsibility is in my relationship to mind my actions? MINE!  So if you have triggers, it is YOUR responsibility to control YOUR actions, not those around you to mind what they say and do.  Just saying

No comments: