Saturday, March 27, 2010

Friendship

I'm normally not the sappy type.  I'm sure Lauren would argue that, but she knows a side of me only one other person knows.  The one other person is why I write.  I won't even mention their name, but they know who they are.  You know, I've had my issues over the years, and this person has been there when no one else was.  I'd forget occasionally, but I always knew and know that that person will give me good advice and has my back.  This person has forced me to face reality more times than any one I know.  They helped me in realizing that self pity gets you know where, when I finally let pity take hold for a period of time.  They were my friend even when I wasn't being friendly.  This person taught me, through both my own trials and their own, that life isn't easy but we wouldn't be who we are if it were.  All those tough times shape us into these adults we are today, all rounded areas, scars, and jagged edges.  Though things won't be easy ahead, we move on.  This person is my best friend and tonight, though they were not here with me, I realized just how much of a friend they'd been.  I've always known and Lauren can attest that I've realized this (cuz we all know how I won't shut up!) quite awhile ago.  But something about talking about friends and the circumstances of this friendship, really made me realize just how lucky I am to have a friend like that.  I'm the happiest girl on the planet right now and know I'm one of the luckiest girls as well.

No comments: